Has anyone experienced this using the API MASTER TEST KIT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I have a concern. I use the API Master test kit and would like to know if anyone has noticed that within the first 10-15 minutes it maybe one color but a few minutes later it seems as if they have changed in color? :confused:

Yes, that does happen. The chemical reaction is continuous. In the instructions it tells you what point to check it. For some tests you get the results immediately, for others it's a few minutes. Hope that helps.

Hi, I have a concern. I use the API Master test kit and would like to know if anyone has noticed that within the first 10-15 minutes it maybe one color but a few minutes later it seems as if they have changed in color? :confused:

Yes the longer it sits the more it will change, the instructions say to wait 5 minutes, then check results. I start my test with the ammonia, then nitrItes, last nitrAtes, start the timer for 5 minutes. If you have nitrItes or ammonia you can see that fairly quickly. Waiting 10-15 minutes is too long, IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom