has anyone used these.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would look fine depending on if its the look you want... I see no harm but if we all hate the look and you like it why listen to us UNLESS your asking if these are the only lighting system...

First time I've seen this product. I read the reviews at the Petsmart site and they did not sound too favorable (clogged holes, inconsistent bubble distribution). Not sure that I would want to run an air stone in my planted tank or project light from the bottom of the tank. My $0.2

First time I've seen this product. I read the reviews at the Petsmart site and they did not sound too favorable (clogged holes, inconsistent bubble distribution). Not sure that I would want to run an air stone in my planted tank or project light from the bottom of the tank. My $0.2

Its not the only light source its purely for esthetics.

I have the Marineland version. I don't like it, the lights are green and the color looked unnatural in my tank IMO. I've thought about trying this one though. Let us know if you buy it.

I have the Marineland version. I don't like it, the lights are green and the color looked unnatural in my tank IMO. I've thought about trying this one though. Let us know if you buy it.

Okay will do. It probably won't be for a while tho.

I have the marineland one too, it may not be exactly natural but I like it, and that's all that matters haha. My suggestion would be to go with the marineland version though, they have a better selection of colors (blue/green/red/white/changing color) and they're put together a little better I think. The marineland one uses a flexible air tube rather than the stone that most bubble stones are, their tubes produce different sizes of bubbles which looks much cooler IMO, a lot of very fine bubbles and a few larger ones that really catch the light. I'm sure the one you linked works just fine though. Here's a picture of my bubble stone.

Attachments

• image-1308408914.jpg
    image-1308408914.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image-802132465.jpg
    image-802132465.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-979633952.jpg
    image-979633952.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3439774358.jpg
    image-3439774358.jpg