has my cycle stalled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grahammcmillan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been cycling my tank for around four weeks now and got really good seed material. This went in at the end of week one and got more in week two. I would put my ammonia in until it went to 4ppm. My tank would use all this in two days. I got plants and added them and they started to die off so I got flora boost and added it to my aquarium. All of a sudden the ammonia isn't moving and my ph is off the chart on the api. Under 6.

It sounds like it has and is caused by the pH. I would try out a 50% water change and skip the floraboost. What is your pH normally? Also, what are your nitrite readings?

It sounds like it has and is caused by the pH. I would try out a 50% water change and skip the floraboost. What is your pH normally? Also, what are your nitrite readings?

Ph is usually near seven as I stay in Scotland and we have no problems in attaining fresh water lol. I'm going to skip the flora boost as the water in my tank has been Brown for two days now. I don't have denominator at the moment so will get some and start again

Ya you definitely need to do a water change. The low Ph can cause it to stall. You will most likely see the cycle pick right up again after the change.

Back
Top Bottom