Has my fishless cycle froze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Apart from a couple hrs after water change. My results have been same as these for 3days

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 5
Ph 8.2

Friday morning

Ammonia 0
No3 160
No2 5
Ph 8.2

Friday afternoon after water change (2hrs after) results were

Ammonia 0
No3 20
No2 0.25
Ph 8

Then they went back up to the results at the top on Friday evening.

Saturday morning results were

ammonia 0
No3 40-80 (wasn't clear)
no2 5
Ph 8.2

I did another water change about 2 hours later I checked results they were

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 0.25
Ph 8.2

This mornings results

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 5
Ph 8.2

Just done another test

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 5
Ph 8.2

I am using api testing kit. I have had my partner check results at same time. Has it crashed? Or should I keep sitting tight? also my ph seems to be high??? Straight out of tap its 7.4 ???

Thank you for any advice given

Just go out and buy a bottle of seachem stability

I just don't know why people don't trust me with this

You add it for 7 days and can add fish after 48 hours

It takes all the hassle out of cycle

No, it doesn't help with the cycle. None of those products do. They add BB to the water column, but not to the live rock or sand, where they are needed to consume the ammonia and nitrite.

Go to the grocery store and buy one raw shrimp from the seafood counter. You have no ammonia source for your BB right now. Put the shrimp in a stocking and drop it into the tank. That will generate ammonia as it decays, feeding your BB, allowing you to complete your cycle.

Apart from a couple hrs after water change. My results have been same as these for 3days

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 5
Ph 8.2

Friday morning

Ammonia 0
No3 160
No2 5
Ph 8.2

Friday afternoon after water change (2hrs after) results were

Ammonia 0
No3 20
No2 0.25
Ph 8

Then they went back up to the results at the top on Friday evening.

Saturday morning results were

ammonia 0
No3 40-80 (wasn't clear)
no2 5
Ph 8.2

I did another water change about 2 hours later I checked results they were

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 0.25
Ph 8.2

This mornings results

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 5
Ph 8.2

Just done another test

Ammonia 0
No3 80
No2 5
Ph 8.2

I am using api testing kit. I have had my partner check results at same time. Has it crashed? Or should I keep sitting tight? also my ph seems to be high??? Straight out of tap its 7.4 ???

Thank you for any advice given
Your tap is not high. My tap is around 7.8-8.2 depending if I get it in the hose, or in the house.

No my tap water is ok. Just higher in my tank?? Checked gravel stones Etc can't see what's making it high.

Could I put fish food in? That's what I've been doing

is this a fresh or saltwater tank? i suppose fish food would do the same as a shrimp.

No, it doesn't help with the cycle. None of those products do. They add BB to the water column, but not to the live rock or sand, where they are needed to consume the ammonia and nitrite.

Go to the grocery store and buy one raw shrimp from the seafood counter. You have no ammonia source for your BB right now. Put the shrimp in a stocking and drop it into the tank. That will generate ammonia as it decays, feeding your BB, allowing you to complete your cycle.

Have you used it ?

I have

Read about it and what it does before you put it down

I used it on my 1000 gal

I added tap water then seachem prime and stability then added big fish after 2 days
Then kept adding stability for 7 days it worked just greatc

Back
Top Bottom