Heat mishap!! Omg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheryldooley

Aquarium Advice Freak
My heater must hae been nudged by a fish an raised the temp to almost 90. Are they gonna be ok? I went to fix a decoration and the water was so warm! I turned it down a bit but will that hurt them with the up and down change?? 40 gall cichlid tank!!

Just turn it down gradually, no sudden changes or they'll get shocked, they should be ok.

Keep an eye on them for any unusual behavior or sickness too. I hope they're ok!

Well brought temp back down and all seems well took forever to get it down. They are all acting normal swimming as usual and digging like they did before. These are some hearty little guys !! Phew glad they're ok. Still gonna look for illness over a few days

Keep an eye on them I have two tiger oscars and two Africans and two plecos and had a heat spike in the summer came home from work and temp was pretty high gradually took it down all was well few days later plecos fine chiclids where acting strange ended up using some herbal microbe-lift and turning the lights off for a day then they where fine

Ok will do. Temps back to normal. They're all acting as the use to but pleco hasn't eaten. I feed him when I turn light off before bed and he hasn't come out. Te food was still there. I looked at him and he seems ok... Any ideas?

Tie a pieace of cucumber to a rock plecos love it also you might wanna get a digital heater then they can't really nudge it

Back
Top Bottom