Heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything is good but water looks darker! I may wait to get fish after I set up my salt water.

Can you get a pic of the water? Did you soak the dw before you put it in? Did you boil it either? Oooo, SW usually has very interesting fish :). And more expensive too.... But that'll be one exciting day when you finally finish this tank and the SW tank's stock and plants. :D

Can you get a pic of the water? Did you soak the dw before you put it in? Did you boil it either? Oooo, SW usually has very interesting fish :). And more expensive too.... But that'll be one exciting day when you finally finish this tank and the SW tank's stock and plants. :D

I'll get you some pictures when I get to the house!

Here's what it looks like.

image-1952403264.jpg

man i cant find those dimensions anywhere. Are you taking your width from the middle of the bow or from the edge? A rectangular tank of those dimensions is indeed 83.12 gallons so if your measuring your edge then with the addition of the bow you would most likely be right at 100g.

It's about 90 gallons. I could probably get it to 100 gallons if I filled it all the way up.

Yup. That looks like tannins leaking. Was the dw boiled/soaked?

I'm pretty sure it's tannis. I think the big stump in the middle is the cause. I have activated carbon going to help aid with it.

I'm pretty sure it's tannis. I think the big stump in the middle is the cause. I have activated carbon going to help aid with it.
Try using Purigen to remove the tannins. It's cheaper to run than Carbon and will do the same job. Carbon is expensive to run continuously. Also Purigen can be re-charged....$$$.
I only use Carbon to remove odours and Meds....

Try using Purigen to remove the tannins. It's cheaper to run than Carbon and will do the same job. Carbon is expensive to run continuously. Also Purigen can be re-charged....$$$.
I only use Carbon to remove odours and Meds....

Oh, the carbon came with my Fluval. I won't even use the carbon once the tannis is gone. Plus I may have a few water changes coming up.

Oh, the carbon came with my Fluval. I won't even use the carbon once the tannis is gone. Plus I may have a few water changes coming up.
Carbon is only affective for around a month and you could have Tannins for a LOT longer than that....

Hopefully not! A few bags so maybe with a few WC I can clear it up.
I would exhausted the current bag and save the others. A 100ml bag of Purigen only costs you guys about $10, can be reused, helps with Ammonia/Nitrites and will make you water sparkle....

I would exhausted the current bag and save the others. A 100ml bag of Purigen only costs you guys about $10, can be reused, helps with Ammonia/Nitrites and will make you water sparkle....

Can I get a link?

Seachem is definitely some amazing stuff! Love its quick removal and how it can be recharged. :D

Back
Top Bottom