Heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J1Time

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently have a 130gallon tank. Long. Using 2 300watt heaters on opposite ends. Warmest tank ever gets it 80.5 degrees. That seem about right? Room tank is in is around 65 degrees

Tank Temp

Currently have a 130gallon tank. Long. Using 2 300watt heaters on opposite ends. Warmest tank ever gets it 80.5 degrees. That seem about right? Room tank is in is around 65 degrees

Hello J1...

Most of the fish from the local pet stores are fine in the 76 to 80 degree range.

B

I'm aware of their requirements. Meant is it normal to only be able to get it that high with the heaters turned all the way up. Wanted it higher for. Fish less cycle.

What brand of heaters ? Are they positioned in such a way to get a good amount of flow shooting past them ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm aware of their requirements. Meant is it normal to only be able to get it that high with the heaters turned all the way up. Wanted it higher for. Fish less cycle.

No its not. Turning your heaters all the way up should yield temps of 86 or higher. I think you need new heaters. Check out Ehiem jägers. They are rated very high and a single 300w will do whatever you want

Back
Top Bottom