Heater Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crocodylus

Aquarium Advice Regular
South of the Border... down Mexico way...
For value/performance, whats the best 200W-250W heater in the market?

I have heard good reviews about the Titanium Aquarium Heaters and also about the EBO Jagers.. Any direction/comentary would sure help me, cause i am buying a 40-50 Gal Aquarium in the near future

I like my Ebo Jagers. When it comes to heaters going cheap is not always the best idea.

Ebo Jager or Visi Therm for glass heaters. I am using a Pro Heat II (titanium with digital readout for temp)on a 180 reef and it has worked perfectly so far. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I like the new Deluxe Visi-therms, but for the money you absolutely cannot go wrong with an Ebo-Jager. I've got one that's almost eight years old and is still going strong. :D

If you're going to skimp on anything for an aquarium-- the heater is the last thing you want to skimp on. Cheap heaters will fail-- and will probably take an entire tankful of fish with it. My last cheapo heater stuck on, raising the temperature to about 96F. Killed a really nice breeding pair of angels. :(

I use Thermal Compact heater by Hagen (i think). Work good and last forever, and not really that expensive. I have one thats like older then me! lol

ashley

Back
Top Bottom