Heater unpluged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willsFishTank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So last night I was doing a water change and I unplugged the heater and I forgot to plug it back in and the temp in my tank went from 78 to 70 over night. I just plugged the heater back in and I added some stress coat and a pinch of AQ salt. My question is if my fish will get ich or die

I did the same thing the other day. Temp drop from 78 to 72 overnight.
I'd say no to ich IMO. When was the last time you added new fish or plants? Do you regularly quarantine new arrivals? Have the fish been healthy up to this point?
I don't think the salt is needed. I'd keep an eye on them just to be safe because fluctuations in their environment can bring on stress and in fish already compromised, lead to an unhealthy condition.

Mine went from 80 to 60 over the weekend while I was gone. I forgot to plug it in after a PWC. All the fish were fine, even my Ram pair!

temp fluctuations are obviously quite common in the wild so the fish should be fine, of course some stress will be added because most fish we have commonly available are farm raised and therefore used to stable parameters. But they should not die unless there are other issues in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom