Heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleMossHead84

Aquarium Advice Regular
I desperately need to invest in a heater this weekend for my 10-gal planted tank. I wont even waste your time telling you the pos I have but the temperature is not consistent and it becoming a problem. Has anyone ever heard of or used this?

Root Therm Substrate Aquarium Heater | Aquarium Substrate Heaters | Fish Tank Heaters | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

I currently have 1 Japanese Moss Ball, 1 Spiralis, 1 Lutera, 1 Cardinal Plant and 2 bunches of anacharis.

I also have 3 neon tetras, 3 harlequin tetras, 3 glolite tetras, and 3 white cloud tetras.

thanks.

you gotta rip the entire tank down to install that.

Get a marineland visi-therm STEALTH heater, they are jet black if looks is an issue.

If looks arent get a trionic heater 50w.

Substrate root heaters tend to be more expensive than normal submersible heaters. I recommend going with a 50W Visi-Therm Stealth heater. I have them on all but two of my tanks and find them to be generally reliable. Since they aren't glass they don't shatter either.

I LOVE the Stealth heaters! I had a Tetra Whisper and it is SO inconsistant, it goes from 75 to 80 deg in a day and I have to adjust it constantly. Which is why I ordered another Stealth lol. I would go with one rated for a 20-30 gallon though, and not one rated for a 10G. Just my opinion.

Substrate heaters are less about heating water and more about creating a temperature inversion layer at the bottom of the tank which theoretically helps to replenish nutrients in the substrate and combat old tank syndrome. The jury is still out i think as to whether it is effective, but I did see one interesting article in which a guy setup 2 identical tanks except one had a substrate heater. He observed conditions over a few years, and ultimately the tank with the substrate heater showed a propensity for less algae issues and better plant growth.

Back
Top Bottom