Height for 50g stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 50g tank is 48" long and 19" high I'm thinking of making a diy 2x4 stand roughly 24" high would that be too high?

What I use to determine ideal height, is the distance from arm pit to floor. I don't want the top of the tank any higher than that. makes it hard to work on if you need a stool or ladder to work on it.

Thats not even 4 feet tall. Unless your talking a dual tank stand, make it what ever is comfortable to you keeping in mind putting your arm over the lip for cleaning/arranging and stuff. All my tanks are roughly in the same measurement area as you are proposing.
I found too low is worse than too high, for myself. I had my 29 on a short stand (actually an end table I had hanging around). Only about 13 inches tall. I found myself sitting on the hard floor to watch all the time. I found another cabinet about 2.5 feet tall and I can sit on the couch now! :)

I am 6'1". My 55 sits on a stands about 28" tall and it is great. It is perfect height for viewing from my sitting chair and good height to work in the tank. My fiancé however is about 5'3" and has a difficult time reaching the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom