Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warlock0024

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I'm from Denver, CO. I've been in the hobby for 20 years or so. Biggest tank I've had has been a 55 gal. Mainly cause I live in apartments.

I love cichlids. Oscars are where my passion has been, raising and breeding 3 mated pairs. I just love those guys.

Although Dempsey's, yellow labs, yellow-belly, angles...heck many many more have had homes in my tanks.

Ive also developed interests in killi fish but haven't been able to acquire any as of yet.

So anyway just introducing myself... hope to get to know a lot of ya and make new friends.

Welcome to AA! I'm sure you will like it here, this is a great site full of awesome people and good advice. I like Cichlids as well and would love to have one of those tanks but not enough room yet. I have 3 tanks in my tiny apt already lol. Do you live on the ground floor? I want a 55 pretty bad but I am on the 3rd floor and IDK if that would be a good idea....

Thanks for the welcome :) I too live on the 3rd floor of this building. I've found that most apartment buildings will allow tanks 55 gal and under. But its still best to ask management just incase something happins.

Very nice list of tanks and stock. Since your local for me...quick question. Have you found any one in the area that sell Killifish? I haven't decided on which type yet due to the fact I'm having trouble finding a local seller of these beautiful fish.

Very nice list of tanks and stock. Since your local for me...quick question. Have you found any one in the area that sell Killifish? I haven't decided on which type yet due to the fact I'm having trouble finding a local seller of these beautiful fish.

Thanks.

Let's see, you're South of me, try Sherman Tank.

If you don't mind a drive, in Boulder there is Exotic Aquatics and Aqua Imports. Both are a bit pricey but good stock. Aqua Imports can most likely order you some. If their suppliers carry it, they can get it.

Thanks for the welcome :) I too live on the 3rd floor of this building. I've found that most apartment buildings will allow tanks 55 gal and under. But its still best to ask management just incase something happins.

Hmmm... I haven't asked the mgmnt about my tanks ... I dont want them to tell me no! haha. They have seen them in here though and didn't say anything to me, so I'm sure it's no big deal. I don't know if they would appreciate a 55 though... lol. I'm actually more worried about it falling through the floor than anything. I'll stick with my 10 and 29 for now. I am being lazy on the 29 though, I should really get that going!

Back
Top Bottom