hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zombie74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well after losing all my tanks fish and toys to the exwife and being on the road for 5 years i have finely settled down and acquired a new tank :) now comes the long hard road to geting it to work and look the way i want it

some of the things i will be doing and using :
black rock as a gravel bed
diy ugf
diy stand and canopy

if any body is interested i will be happy to post the specs and designs of any or all parts

this is what i will be starting out with
5390283695_66e8b2d842.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AA!

Looks like that tank needs some major work with a razor blade and some vinegar.

Out of curiousity, why the UGF? If I were to DIY a filter on a tank that size, I'd look at building a sump or at least a DIY canister filter.

i dont have a lot of space to work with and also i have had real good results with ugf in the past. i may try a sump at some point once i get the new stand built but right now i have no place to put anything and i am on a real tight budget and i can biuld a ugf for under $20 U.S. and between that and the under sized filter i got with the tank should get me running

The picture didn't show.

I understand about the budget thing. After it's cycled, what are you planning on stocking?

Cleaned up nicely. What are you looking to stock after you get your diy projects finished and the tank is cycled?

the fish

thinking about doing a bunch of different tetra's an plchastomuos or 2 and some ghost shrimp

Back
Top Bottom