Hello Everybody!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjbuente

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First off,

Hello everyone! I've been "Stalking" this site for about a good 2-3 months now, so I figured it was about time I joined. I love how friendly people here are and how everyone actually cares about their fish!

Since I know a little about some of you, I'll share a little about me. When I was little I remember my father having three tanks. Two 60G talls, and a custom 340G all SW. Oh the hours I would spend with my face stuck to the glass! Who needs TV/games when you have fish! I would actually go out and catch live worms for the fish to eat.... Did not work out very well....

Now that I'm now married, and working at the local TV station where I live. I finally (After 8 years on my own), have two little starter tanks to get me back into the hobby. But I'm sticking with FW for the time being, I always thought FW fish have better personalities than SW.

My little 5G tank is going to be setup for a betta and maybe some shrimp. And my 10G has four cherry barbs in it right now. The Cherry Barbs were rescued from a baseball hitting my neighbors 55G tank. I plan on getting them into a larger tank and getting more of them since they are a schooling fish.

Well, that is it for now. I'll see you all around sometime!!!

Welcome to AA!!

:D haha i love ur little childhood story!!

u have one tank similar to mine! a heavily planted 10 gallon currently housing a betta. i cant decide whether i should get ottos or shrimps. many factors are making my decisions harder!!!

LOL, thanks!

Personally I'd go with shrimps. But I like having inverts in my tanks as much as possible. (I tend to over feed, they clean up after me. Really fun to watch too)!

kjbuente said:
LOL, thanks!

Personally I'd go with shrimps. But I like having inverts in my tanks as much as possible. (I tend to over feed, they clean up after me. Really fun to watch too)!

Hahah ya. I went for ottos in the end! They are really cool! Much smaller than I thought. Ill buy shrimps once my plants get real dense so my Betta can't harass them:D

Yea, I'm definitely making sure that I have plenty of hiding paces for my shrimps.(broken pieces of broken pots and PVC piping).

Back
Top Bottom