hello fishkeeping friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cawolter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i live in gillette, WY. I am originally from south
hi everyone, i am ceriann and i joined this site last week, to meet others who have the same interest and passion as i have for fish keeping. My red belly piranha setup ( 70 gal ) is relatively new, 2 months, and is an ongoing project to perfect the tank and simulate as close as possible, the piranhas natural living conditions. and to date, i have not encountered a single problem with disease, water quality etc. I also have a 20 gal aquarium, that has a community of tropical freshwater fish, this tank, however, had proven a little more difficult. the store that i purchased all my fish from is local, but every fish i have purchased from there has had either ICH, WHITE SPOT, or developed ULCERS. the ulceration i managed to control and heal with the aid of a quarantine/hospital tank, but the ICH isnt going away so easily.:( ongoing treatments failed so i was left with only one option. i removed all the fish, quarantined them, and dosed them with the medication. i removed all the rocks, plants, and substrate, and practically boiled them to kill any remaining parasites or infection. i set the tank up again, new filtration system too, then after b3 days of running, i re-introduced the fish, and i am pleased to report, that the iICH has completely cleared up, and i once again have a healthy community aquarium. i have also taken the step of finding another supplier of fish to try to ensure this level of infection is avoided. i was always so cautious and observant when choosing and purchasing fish, but it proves that some things just cant be spotted so easily. :banghead:

spoke too soon

Well, the ICH problem i had in my community tank almost wiped all my fish out! i lost ALL my fish apart from my Convict Cichlids, they appear completely healthy and disease free, but as a precaution, im treating them anyway. After a complete aquarium clean out, all the fish appeared to be responding well to treatment, but i lost ALL except the convicts, and i lost them literally overnight, soooo frustrating!:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom