Hello from Austin Texas-Stocking Idea 60 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROCCSTAR79

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I love fish as the are the best solution on a stressful day to come home and watch them swim and immediately it calms me. Not only that its become a new found hobby I am taking up as well. Its fun. As starting...as everyone has to do their research to learn what is best with the types of fish you keep. I initially fell in love with Mbunas...got books, got texas holey rock set up in my tank, but when i was cycling the tank w the Gouarmis and Catfish...and then I changed my mind. Because I couldnt see my moving the both Gouramis into a 10 Gallon with some Rasboras. They love the swimming room in the big tank so I left them in the the 60 Gallon an added a Red Tail Shark.

So I have a 60 gallon tank Dimensions: 48-1/4"L x 12-3/4"W x 57-3/4"H, I have successfully had two Gouarmis in it for 2 months now, one powder blue, 1 Dwarf, 1 Red Tail Shark, a rapheal catfish, and three peppered cory cats, The 3 cory cats are moving to the 10g tall with 3 Rasboras.

I want to add some bumblebee Ottos to the 60 once the 3 cory cats are relocated. The Rapheal Cat is also staying in the big tank w Gouramis and RedTail Shark. My water out of the tap is naturally high 7.8-8.0 and my water stays stable that way...it doesnt fluctuate...I do a 25% water change and have a Marineland Emporer for filtration. My temp is at constant 76.
I am doing my best to not only get fish that can tolerate high PH....but also compatible personality wise. I realize that its semi agreesive as its stands now..so I wouldnt dear drift from that same temperment back into to community.
So...sorry to give the whole story but definitely want to paint a picture before I ask questions.
1) I love dwarf cichlids...but realize they like soft or acidic water. Are there any that can tolerate higher PHs. I love Kribs, Cockatoos, Rams, and some others of the Aspito fam.
2) Is a jewel cichlid a no-no because its too agressive
3) can I do any new world, central american, or south american cichlids
4) tiger barbs...or would the nip the gouarmis too bad
I would love to get cichlids more than anything but need them to not only be compatible personality wise but also water temp and ph wise?
Thanks in advance for suggestions...trying to avoid killing fish, and burning money!

Back
Top Bottom