Hello from Davenport FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

110gTj

Aquarium Advice Regular
My name is Tj and I have only been doing Saltwater tanks for about 2 years now. I started with a 55 gallon flatback hex tank with Emperor 400 bio wheel filter, seaclone skimmer, gamma 8w uv, two 54w flourescent lights, about 20 lbs of sand, and 35 lbs of liverock. I have recently upgraded to a 110 gallon pre-drilled corner overflow custon tank. I bought it from a guy who had it made for him. I have a few questions about it though. First of all he told me it was only up an running for about 7 months then he sold it to me becasue he was moving. He had his dad build the stand for it. So I took the tank and stand and canopy and refinished all the wood work and cleaned the tank out with loads of warm freshwater. What precautions should I take when re setting up the tank? It was full and running at his house when I first saw it. No leaks or cracks in the glass. Normal scratched on bottom of glass from sand but other than that great condition. So what should I check or do to make sure this is a smooth set up? I have a 30 gallon sump with coralife super skimmer rated for 220 gallons, and I know to divide that number by about 3 haha, the gamma 25w uv, and will have about 80 lbs of sand and about 20 lbs of live rock to start. Thanks for your advice! Here are pics of the before and after I refinished the stand and canpoy

Attachments

• before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 71
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 71
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 53
Welcome to AA! I grew up in Haines City, class of '96

Ask your questions in the SW forums, you'll get many more responses. In general, however, if the tank was up and running smoothly when you go it, its probably fine. If it needs a good cleaning, water and a little vinegar is a safe way to go with it.

Hey

Ty for your response. Where do you live now? I would love some advice or help setting up the new tank haha Ill pay you for your help haha

Back
Top Bottom