Hello from NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RitztoRubble

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just joined today. After spending so much time searching through the internet, and always coming across this site I decided to get involved. Most importantly I am looking for advice.

Currently upgrading HIGHLY overstocked 10g Aquaponic freshwater aquarium. It seems cruel, but the hobby has just kept growing. Luckily, All fish are healthy, and plants are growing like mad!

Just got 50 gl Hex - and want to fill it with compatible species for goldies. Need a bit of a high bio-load to grow plants.

Any suggestions.

Currently
Black Moor/Fancy
white clouds
ghost shrimp
apple snail

Last edited:
Welcome! What did you mean by "need a high bio-load to grow plants?" There are many plant-only tanks with virtually no bio-load at all...

I have just joined today. After spending so much time searching through the internet, and always coming across this site I decided to get involved. Most importantly I am looking for advice.

Currently upgrading HIGHLY overstocked 10g Aquaponic freshwater aquarium. It seems cruel, but the hobby has just kept growing. Luckily, All fish are healthy, and plants are growing like mad!

Just got 50 gl Hex - and want to fill it with compatible species for goldies. Need a bit of a high bio-load to grow plants.

Any suggestions.

Currently
Black Moor/Fancy
white clouds
ghost shrimp
apple snail

Where in Ny are you? I am in the capital region and we have a pretty active local club. (Facebook based)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the Welcome!!

I am actually in BFLO, so a little far to make it near Albany. Sadly this is pretty much my only online interaction, No FB.

SpaceFish- When I meant high bio-load it will not be for the plants inside the tank. but outside in the grow bed.

I am hoping to combine the joys of aquascaping with my love of growing edible plants!

My friend does aquaponics! She grows a lot of peppers. It's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom