Hello - Introductions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alien83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm Anthony and have been into the hobby now for a few years. I currently have 2 tanks and would love to expand this in the future.

My main tank...
80 litres, with stock filter unit (old and not very good at pumping water anymore) using three sponge system. Also have a interpet 100L filter which was introduced about 2 weeks ago running alongside the original filter (after a week in bucket of old tank water). Temp is 26.5'degree Celsius consistent, parameters of 0 Cl2, 7.6 pH, 6'degree KH / 8'degree GH, 0 NO-2 / 25 NO-3.
I have 2 Albino Cory (both about 5 month old) who are very active and characterful. 2 Tuxedo Platy, 1 regular Platy (all about 6 month old) and 2 male sunset platy (about 3 month old). About 15 adult snails and many younger snail that get removed each water change which is roughly every 5-7 days 10%. The tank has been cycled and running for 7ish months and was a used tank so had been used for about 5 years prior to my ownership, but new substrate, accessories and deep cleaned filter action with new sponges.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416614795.420201.jpg

My 2nd tank...
20 litres, with stock filtration. The temperature fluctuates between 25-26'degree Celsius, but I have been advised this is due to the 50w heater when should have had 10-20w heater for smaller tank. I purchased the tank new about 4 months ago and cycled using water from my main tank. It was cycled in 3 weeks with exact same readings for parameters although the NO-3 spikes to 50 around 4/5 days after water change. I do approx 5-10% water change every few days and once a month I do 20% to remove the excess from the substrate (siphon is probably too big for size of tank and empties 3 litres in approx 2 mins). I have 2 male guppies (3 months old approx 1 has damaged tail fin which occurred when all four guppies shared a tank but removed 2 and seem to be fine) and 5 Neon Tetra (4 months old). Also housing many active adult breeding snails.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416615499.730003.jpg

I feel I am stocked on my 20 litre but feel the 80 litre requires more activity and was looking for suggestions and help. I will seek advice on a few issues using the forums but hope you like my setups. Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated and look forward to talking more with you guys.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Welcome!!! You have some really nice looking tanks there! Looking forward to seeing you active on the forums :)

Back
Top Bottom