Hello to all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I am in the Pacific NW and have been keeping an aquarium for the past 20 years now. Have always kept live plants started out with low light went to high lighting and had everything running pretty smooth. Went on a trip with the wife and came home to a mess. The friend we had coming in to check on things and feed the fish kinda had a bit of a mishap. Long story short, my canopy went for a loop.So my lights were broken, the old compact flours that put out about 260 watts, heat, noise. Anyway good excuse to buy some new lights. Thus searching forums and info online on lighting etc. Which brought me here and i have enjoyed reading some of the posts and learned some things. So i signed up thanks for having me.

Hi, I am in the Pacific NW and have been keeping an aquarium for the past 20 years now. Have always kept live plants started out with low light went to high lighting and had everything running pretty smooth. Went on a trip with the wife and came home to a mess. The friend we had coming in to check on things and feed the fish kinda had a bit of a mishap. Long story short, my canopy went for a loop.So my lights were broken, the old compact flours that put out about 260 watts, heat, noise. Anyway good excuse to buy some new lights. Thus searching forums and info online on lighting etc. Which brought me here and i have enjoyed reading some of the posts and learned some things. So i signed up thanks for having me.
Hi Canadiver and welcome to AA:welcome: You will find many plant 'experts' here who will happily help you in that side of things, me not being one, as I'm only new to plants and wouldn't dream of trying to offer someone like you advice...lol. Sorry to hear about your lights but hey, every cloud!!!.
Did you replace your lights yet and what did you go for??. Pictures please.....we love pictures!!!!

Back
Top Bottom