Hello !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allen Ng

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I am Allen from Singapore a first timer on Aquarium. At the moment, i am keeping arowana's. I have 3 Super Reds, 1 Cross Back, 1 RTG and 7 Chilli Reds. They vary from 8" to 20" in size.

I have two 4' tanks, two 5' tanks, one 6' tank, one fiber glass tank 8'X4'X4', another fiber glass tank 8'X4'X3' and a 10'X10'X4" concrete pond.

Besides arowana, i keep cat fish, gourami, rays, turtles and some other assorted fishes.

I was wondering whether anyone can advise me on my concrete pond. I have just constructed the pond but is unsure how i can treat the water. I understand that the first time i fill-up the pond, i must add salt and let it circulate for a few days. Than, i have to empty the pond and re-fill it up again. Personally, that is a lot of water to waste. Is there any other way to treat the water? Please advise if you have gone through this process before.

Thanking all in advance.

I wouldn't waste that much water either. I'm assuming your wanting the concrete to leach out what it's going to. I would run carbon then change 30 or 40 %. I'm not really sure what to even test for

Dear Bige,

Thank you for your respond. Appreciated. I will try to add carbon and than change 30 to 40% water as per your advise. I will than add some less expensive fishes into the pond to test the water.

If the fish is healthy and doesn't show any sign of distress, i will than introduce my expensive fishes in. If not, i will remove all my fishes and do a complete change of water if my less expensive fishes shows signs of distress.

Once again thanks.

Allen NG

That's what I would do. Keep us updated. I would love to see the concrete pond.

Hi,

I have posted some pictures of my fishes on my gallery. Apologize for the poor quality.

Thanks Jik,

Happy that you found them nice. I am hoping that they will not fight when i try to house them together in my pond.

Thanks Bige,

My rays have given birth 3 times so far. First time was one, the second time was two and the third time was four. The babies are so cute.

Back
Top Bottom