HELP - 2nd guppy dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

Really don't know where to go with this one. I have a tropical tank set up with 3 platys, 6 neons and 2 guppies.

Before I had the guppies, I had 2 Dwarf gouramis who also perished (1 was due to a malfunctioning heater).

I really don't know where I'm going wrong. They were eating well, I do weekly PWC's of 25%, my water readings are always fine (7.5PH, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and nitrates less than 20ppm). There doesn't appear to be any apparent disease in the tank as the 3 platys and neons are completely fine. I used the guppies/DG's as "centre piece" fish due to their vibrant colours but I keep losing them.

Has anyone any suggestions? I know that when I was cycling my tank and testing using strips (before switching to API freshwater), my general hardness was always quite high. Could that be a factor?

Really at a loss here and any tips would be appreciated as I would like to possibly add 2 guppies in the future (as I know 3 platys and 6 neons along with 2 guppies would be stretching the capacity of my 10g tank)/

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom