Help!!! Ammonia spike!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've never had this happen and just wondering if you guys can figure out the cause. I woke up this morning and noticed my fish were attacking weird immediately! The lemon tetras colors were off and they weren't eating! Since when do fish not eat!? The ammonia was around 1-2 ppm I believe. It's a 29 gallon and I did a 25% water change because I had to leave this morning. All I did different was add a bag of biomax. My tank is a little overstocked buts that only because of rescues! Any help would be appreciated. I also added extra prime.

I've never had this happen and just wondering if you guys can figure out the cause. I woke up this morning and noticed my fish were attacking weird immediately! The lemon tetras colors were off and they weren't eating! Since when do fish not eat!? The ammonia was around 1-2 ppm I believe. It's a 29 gallon and I did a 25% water change because I had to leave this morning. All I did different was add a bag of biomax. My tank is a little overstocked buts that only because of rescues! Any help would be appreciated. I also added extra prime.

Well you took the right steps so kudos there.
When you added the biomax did you take anything out or rinse anything?

Well you took the right steps so kudos there. When you added the biomax did you take anything out or rinse anything?

No I didn't take anything out. I forgot to rinse the biomax but didn't realize till after I added it

No I didn't take anything out. I forgot to rinse the biomax but didn't realize till after I added it

I dont know... have you forgotten to add dechlorinator after a wc? I know it seems simple but aoot of people forget.

I just checked again and the ammonia is back to normal! I guess the water change helped, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom