Help bi color angel not doing good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeferhead911

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all this am I got up and my angel is laying on her side breathing really fast any ideas water parameters are good I'm doing a 20 gallon water change soon everything else is as far as live stock are great... Help

Attachments

• image-1504888535.jpg
    image-1504888535.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 113
I'm sorry for the loss it really is terrible to lose a fish but from the picture there isnt really much we can tell you. From here on out i would definitely keep a close eye on you tank. Fast breathing can be a parasite or other ailment that muy spread to your other fish. Do you have a QT or HT?

I have not been on the last couple days, but sorry for your loss.

What are your parameters? How long did you have this Angel? We're there any signs of disease or anything that looked out of the ordinary? How is the surface of your water? Plenty of agitation (lots of big ripples) for good oxygen exchange?

Hey Todd water is great water surface is good all other live stock looks great I don't think she was eating well and I run a HOB filter and skimmer with carbon in it and after further investigation I think it was starvation and lack of nutrients. It was the first think that has died in my tank since it has been up and running I am really upset about it but, you live and learn.. Thanks for the concern.

Was there any fish that were picking on her? That could cause stress and her not to eat, or physical harm. Sorry about your loss. I lost a Naso tang a couple months ago and I was devastated.

Back
Top Bottom