Help? Can't get test kit to give results.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GGIII

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yep... That's right. For whatever reason, my Master Test Kit reads nothing. 0. Zip. Nada. It worked when I first used it (2 days ago) but when I went to do a test today, all of my results (Ammonia, Nitrate, and Nitrite) came back perfectly clear.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

shake the bottles, make sure you are following the directions carefuly? Try again? Did you water change your tank to make the levels lower than the lower detection limit?

Mine tested like that before the cycle started...000.

What were the results when it "worked" before?How long has the tank been running?

I havn't changed water today, and I followed the directions exactly... Will try another test again after I finish cooking lunch, I suppose.

[Edit]My tests before showed a near 0.00 level for ammonia (the test water turned a deep amber color), but, correct me if I'm wrong, I should still get a yellow coloration at 0.00? At least, the card is marked 0.00 for an amber coloration...

Yeah, zero on the ammonia should be yellow. The Nitrite is also a nice aqua color. I've had zero readings on both before and they show exactly like the cards say.

Back
Top Bottom