Help!!! Hermit missing!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i had two hermit crabs in my tank and i just found one of them dead just sitting on a rock hanging half way out of his shell.. and i cant find the other one... whats gong on?!?!?!? PLease Help!!!!

dont know. i have so many that i cant tell when they die.

does you water read ok? how long have you had them?

i have only had them for a couple weeks but they have been in a different tank. the tank is at the end process of cycling so the nitrites are a bit high.. could this be it?? what about the other one? he just missing... this is driving me nuts!!!

Well my other hermit showed up, he climbed out of the rock that i found the other one dead on... do you think he killed the smaller one? i did'nt think they did that... oh well thanks for all the help guys!!!

I think your nitirites have something to do with the death. I have 20 hermits in my tank, and they dont attack one another.

I once had a Hermit Crab in the same tank as my Volitan Lionfish and the similar description occured in my tank as well. It may have been one of your fish that decided one day that your Hermit Crab would be a meal. I'm gathering your Hawkfish may have decided to attack him. Nothing else I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom