HELP! How long for CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks mate

For sure get a drop checker and in addition what you do is test your ph right before co2 comes on them after co2 has been on for an hour or so test again. You want to shoot for a 1 degree ph drop. That will usually get you close to where you want to be. And watch that drop checker closely to make sure it doesn't go yellow.

The bad thing about drop checkers is they typically take a couple hours to show what the co2 level is in your aquarium. So why it's good to test your parameters when tuning co2 and not rely solely on the drop checker.

In before u gas all your fish... You need a drop checker to atleast give u a ruff idea. Not testing is possible. However when it comes to co2 it's a fine line between enough and too much.

I don't know who started this whole "non testing" thing but personally I think it's pretty stupid. Doesn't hurt to test here and there just to make sure things are in check.

Point well made. Will get a testing kit soon. API or JBL pro scan which to choose?

For sure get a drop checker and in addition what you do is test your ph right before co2 comes on them after co2 has been on for an hour or so test again. You want to shoot for a 1 degree ph drop. That will usually get you close to where you want to be. And watch that drop checker closely to make sure it doesn't go yellow.

The bad thing about drop checkers is they typically take a couple hours to show what the co2 level is in your aquarium. So why it's good to test your parameters when tuning co2 and not rely solely on the drop checker.

Sure will do

Diy on a 90 will have some challenges imo. Not to mention alot of work. But your current plants can live without so that is a bonus.

Point well made. Will get a testing kit soon. API or JBL pro scan which to choose?

I've always used Api with little issues. It's only a ruff guide so I don't see the point in spending big $$ on tests. Didn't realise u were running DIY, you would really struggle to gas your fish or even have any benefit to plants etc in a tank that size. You'll be chewing bottles up every 2-3 days with the required bubble rate

I've always used Api with little issues. It's only a ruff guide so I don't see the point in spending big $$ on tests. Didn't realise u were running DIY, you would really struggle to gas your fish or even have any benefit to plants etc in a tank that size. You'll be chewing bottles up every 2-3 days with the required bubble rate

Oh.. I am using excel too. Does it change anything? [emoji26]

Back
Top Bottom