HELP I need Chaeto..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
My nitrates stay at .5 ppm no matter how much water I change out. I know that is not bad but I do not like it. I have a large refugium sitting with a 4" sand bed. I have checked the LFS several times and can not find any chaeto. Would someone be willing to ship me some?

pay me for shipping and I'll send it right to ya....
Is a ziplock bag full of it enough?
I live in TX

no problem.....

I was just thinking right after I posted that Brenden probably needs a lot more than I give him cuz his tank is huge......so if he declines, you can surely have some.

When I got mine it came in a sandwich ziploc bag stuffed full.....it's about quadrupled in size, and now I need to thin it anyway.

Maybe someone can tell me how much I need. I am guessing just a start. My refugium is 100gal. Maybe I will get a lot and I can send you some along with the lamp from the picture. :)

Thanks Hara. I do not know why I did not think of ebay. They have everything there. That is were I got my vasectomy. :lol:

Dr. Nate thanks for the offer. I am going to pass. I do not want to take any chances. You are battling ich and my tank is parasite free (knocks on wood).

Brenden just get some FW exit and dip the cheato before you put it in your fuge. I got some caluerpa from a friend and I got some hitchhickers on it... I now have thousands of FW in my fuge... I am lucky its on my FOWLR tank so I don't care. But if it was my reef I would not be happy.

Chaeto grows like mad. If you only had a small clump, but good lighting, it'll quickly grow to fill the fuge, especially if there are nitrate and phosphates present to feed it's growth rate.

Back
Top Bottom