Help! Is my Creamsicle Molly Pregnant? Is it a girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaBry

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a creamsicle molly that I think might be pregnant but I am not sure she (?) has been getting rounder for the last few weeks but i am new to this and I don't know of the black dots/spots I am seeing are babies or what. Can you help me?

Attachments

• Got_Fish.jpg
    Got_Fish.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 9,603
  • Creamcycle_and_Dal_molly.jpg
    Creamcycle_and_Dal_molly.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 315
Here is another picture (from my gallery)
19963-albums323-picture2037.jpg

I also have a balloon molly that is expanding a little more than I think she should but I dont see a black spot so thoughts on either molly would be great. More pics of both in my profile albums... Thanks
19963-albums323-picture2033.jpg

19963-albums323-picture2034.jpg

19963-albums323-picture2031.jpg

Yes your mollie is pregnant. She has a bit to go as she hasn't by the pictures, squared off as far as I can tell. Your balloon molly also appears to be pregnant but it is harder to tell on balloon mollies.

Yes your mollie is pregnant. She has a bit to go as she hasn't by the pictures, squared off as far as I can tell. Your balloon molly also appears to be pregnant but it is harder to tell on balloon mollies.

Zagz thank you so much for the assist. I thought she was pregnant, but the chick at the LFS (chain) sold them to me as 2 male lyretail and i just have no experience with mollies. And the balloon mollies really had me guessing. Thanks :cool:

Back
Top Bottom