help...is this ick???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
it is currently only on my drift wood, little on sand and on my snail.
I noticed it today, I last added fish about 3 weeks ago and I added 2 Pearl gouramis and said snail. my temp currently is about 78
what should I do!!!

I haven't heard of ick on driftwood, but it does look like it..cause of the white spots. It was hard to tell in the photo if it was on your snail, but i think it's ick. Idk bout it being on the driftwood tho..i've mever heard of that.

smileyface9 said:
I haven't heard of ick on driftwood, but it does look like it..cause of the white spots. It was hard to tell in the photo if it was on your snail, but i think it's ick. Idk bout it being on the driftwood tho..i've mever heard of that.

Agreed iv never heard of it being on dw, so i say no. The white spots look huge on the wood compared to on a fish anyways, I also dont even think snails can get it, so double no IMO

It is most definitely not ich. Ich is a parasite that can not been seen with the naked eye. What you see on the fish is its response to the parasite not the parasite itself. It does not infect inverts (snails & shrimps) and you can not see it on decor, on the substrate or floating in the water.

It looks like a fungus to me. Is the wood new?

I don't think it's Ich either. It looks like eggs to me but the Gouramis build bubble nests and I don't think snails lay eggs like that. Are those the only fish you have in the tank?

You could just try to remove them and suck them up with a siphon and then see if they return.

don't panic. those are the nerite snail's eggs. they lay eggs everywhere but it won't hatch if the water is not brackish. you can just scrape them coz they won't hatch in normal freshwater water.

Back
Top Bottom