Help!! Kissng Gourami is dying : (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bdubbs82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My kissing Gourami is sick.He originally had a wound on his side so we started the melafix treatment and his wound was healing.He seemed fine for a day and than yesterday he got startled by another fish and ran in to the wall than started to bleed from his gills and mouth.He has a visible blood patch on his head under the skin and also on his mouth.He has not eaten in about 2 days.He has been Laying on the bottom of the tank and only comes up to get air from the top and than drops real hard to the bottom of the tank.He has survived 24hours of this .He doesn't seem to be getting worse or any better.Last night he was not able to move his gill to breathe but his now.I now have him in a breeding net at the top of the tank so he doesn't struggle to get air.I did some research online about melafix and I came across multiple blogs saying the melafix is harmful to bettas and gouramis because it hurts their organs.I tested all my levels and they all fine.Any suggestions?Could the melafix done this to him?HELP : ((

Back
Top Bottom