Help me build my sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need ideas on how to build my sump. I know im putting baffles in it but Im not entirely sure what else to do or where to put stuff. There is so many different sump designs. By the way its for my drilled tank if that matters. Its a 20G long aquarium.

I know the return has to be the same or a little more than the drain... I know you need baffles to keep bubbles down... ummm ya thats about it lol.

Is there a reason for the panel after the LR? I have seen people use egg crate? Maybe to keep debris for getting into the skimmer? Seems like the splashing would cause a ton of salt gathering on the sides and stuff.

in the video. water comes in to the LR area then goes over a 14" panel into where the skimmer is then into the bubble trap and back out.

Cutting some slots into the top of the panel or making the first panel a little shorter will cut down on the splashing somewhat.
If you used eggcrate for the first panel your water level in the first chamber will only be as high as the panel just after the skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom