Help me explain high light to my parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll need to run co2 at 79999 bps. So no fishies..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

While a nice tank, it's important to realize that was done by a seasoned professional, and was the BIS at an international competition. That's not a very reasonable goal for anyone. What I'm worried about here is that' you're setting unreasonable goals for yourself and setting yourself up for failure. That's a spectacular tank, but realize that techniques go into tanks like those that aren't intended for display tanks. It would also need weekly or semiweekly grooming, and not slight grooming either.

I'm also planning on running pressurized co2, and a quad t5ho was advised by multiple in my other thread

Then you got bad advice.

I don't intend a perfect replica; that is my inspiration. I don't see why someone can't try a high tech tank, never try, never learn. I realize mine won't reach that level EVER, but I'd like to try high tech. Am I setting a difficult goal? Assuredly. But, that is my true inspiration. I've gone through the past ten years in my size category at the AGA contest, and that's the only one I truly loved. It's unique, not a jungle or iwagumi or Dutch, but a cross. Why is it that many very good planted tank people agreed with me in my other thread, but here I'm being told my choice is too difficult? Is it because everyone just found out how young I am or something? I'm not the person that you give some seriyu stone and a few lights to and tell "Gp crazy!" I need an insane goal to hit, something to try to even remotely achieve.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

You know what? I really don't want the reputation as "that" person. Would a finnex ray 2 be a better choice in your eyes?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Don't worry about how we view you, i can assure you neither myslef nor aqua are trying to put you down or discredit your drive and ability. Personally I'm just saying.. start small and work up.. you can always double up a fixture when its time for the next step..

Hey its great to be ambitious don't let anyone take that drive from you. If your parents are willing and have the extra money to shell out for your hobby then run with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's most likely a lower light tank, lots of moss and anubias.. that's an excellent starting point! Sweet tank too!

Great! Just let me go repeal 15 Christmas lists while I'm changing my entire tank style. I was pretty excited for this other tank and this kind of stinks.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Emerald:

Tell your father strong light will be one of the major ingredients to help the plant cells transform CO2 into O2 and carbon structures to let them grow compact and healthy.

Tell him it is ONE of other ingredients, and the entire experience is heavy on chemistry balance, which is one of the side effects of this experiment (learning the biochemistry behind the entire tank).

Tell your mom that the cost of LED texhnology used to be really high, but now it is affordable. LED is a "greener" technology, and the monthly wattage is also environmentaly friendly. It seems that budget is not an issue, but approach the selling point of your system (to your mom) from the environmental perspective.

Once you are done with your inception, listen to Brookster and Brian. They have made some of the mistakes that you should avoid and have the combined experience and willingness to selfless invest their time to help you succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom