Help me pick me next fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The 90g has been up for a few months now.Testing at zero regularly.

Right now I only have two fish.One clown and one yellow tang and I'm looking for suggestions as to what to add next.

There are also some snails and crabs.

About 80lbs of live rock and no coral yet,but I will be adding some so keep that in mind.

Also I want to add a flame angel last.

What do you think?If this were yous what would you add?Anything on your ''must have" list that maybe I haven't considered?

Gobies (with our without pistol shrimp). Blennies(bi-color, canary, or midas). 3 blue/green chromis. Wrasse.

Those get my votes for next.

The last fish should be a pseudochromis or dottyback!.....Super cool little fish but they have to be last.....

Flame angel?.... be careful with coral!

Gobies (with our without pistol shrimp). Blennies(bi-color, canary, or midas). 3 blue/green chromis. Wrasse.
I like those also!

Flame angels are or will be coral munchers IME. I say another tang. A Kole tang. My yellow tang and Kole tang are best of buds.

I really like the manderin gobie,but I have no copapod population at all.
Do all gobies need them to live?Anyway to populate a tank with em?

Also keep the ideas coming..I'm going to look at all the suggestions later tonight and order a fish tomorrow.

I 'll post what I have decided of course.

Good luck in the "Pick Fatz's New Fish" contest lol.

So the Flame is out if I go with coral..that blows...Nice fish.

Anyone else?

gobies, cardinals, chromies, perchance a dfft style tang (kole is an excellent recommendation, gorgeous fish and fairly well tempered).
Maybe some (1 or 2) jawfish? (I like them poking out from underneath the rocks..so cool to watch em building their dens)

I've successfully added a couple firefish and scissortail gobies to my 90 reef with no probs whatsoever (was afraid they'd get squimish about similiar body types) and they make a good presentation as 'stationary' fish along side the couple cardinals.. looks good with a couple clowns and a tang..

gl on your choices :)

The kole one this round...got him acclimating now.Little guy right now...maybe two inches from nose to tail tip.

Thanks all for the replies

SCFatz said:
So the Flame is out if I go with coral..that blows...Nice fish.

No, flame is not guaranteed to be a coral nipper, just a possibility. I have had a CB with my corals for over a year with no issues. Some angels nip and some do not. It really is hit and miss with the individual fish. Really depends if you are a risk taker or not. If so have a plan if a problem does develop.

Enjoy your Tang!

HTH,

Any chance of a pic

My camera is a real ....well...challenge.Probably the fault of the operator lol.

I'll give it try over the weekend though.

Back
Top Bottom