HELP my fish was attacked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VALKYRIE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I was doing some rearranging and moving my tanks around my home, I had my nasty Lombardi and electric yellow cichlids floating in a net in my 4ft tank, my guess is my big pleco has hit the net and let them out, 2 hrs later I go to my tank to find my baby Oscar with one of his eyes missing and my long finned Oscar with short fins.

I have seperated my Oscar's and have them in a small container on a heat mat, water sitting around 26-27degrees Celsius, can't get anything to help until tomorrow as its 11pm on Sunday here, this happened 6hrs ago and his still kicking

Is there anything at all I can do to help thim, his swimming around when woken, swimming upright and did eat a little

Photos attached, WARNING THEY ARE GRAPHIC

Attachments

• IMAG1871.jpg
    IMAG1871.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG1867.jpg
    IMAG1867.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 82
Yikes, that’s awful! Are the containers they’re in filtered? There may be more you can do as far as medicine and I’ll leave that to someone who knows better than me but clean water is usually the first basic tenet of wound healing. Fish can recover from a lot given ideal water and good food.

Wow, you aren't kidding about graphic and it is very likely severe enough it would be a difficult recovery. That is terrible and so sorry for you and the fish to go through this.

Wow, you aren't kidding about graphic and it is very likely severe enough it would be a difficult recovery. That is terrible and so sorry for you and the fish to go through this.

That's what I thought but it has actually gone smooth, it has healed really well and the fish is eating and swimming around like nothing ever happened, his on day 4 of melafix and Epsom salt treatment, also been using stress coat aswell

Attachments

• IMAG1963.jpg
    IMAG1963.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG1964.jpg
    IMAG1964.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 57
That is great news! Personally Epsom salts is really a great healer in my experience.

Keep up the good work to keep him as healthy as possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom