Help need id for my snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiplash187

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was suppose to get a strawberry conch but they where sold out instead they gave me this one. Its been hovering slowly in my tank but leaving alot of mucus. Is it really a marble cone snail? And its weird i ask him what kind of snail is that and he didn't give me a name for it.

image-2250888884.jpg

Need to isolate it just incase

Attachments

• image-2886165426.jpg
    image-2886165426.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 74
I was suppose to get a strawberry conch but they where sold out instead they gave me this one. Its been hovering slowly in my tank but leaving alot off mucus

And found this off the internet it looks exactly the same dont you think?

Attachments

• image-1468967717.jpg
    image-1468967717.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 100
Holy cow man. Don't touch it. I pick my snails up every now and then. I pray you didn't pick that one up.

I pick it up on it shell when i put it on my tank coz its 1 1/2 inches the shell. Good thing i didn't pick it in the bottom part. So is it really a marble snail?

Looks exactly like it. I'm not an expert on snails. "When is doubt, throw it out". Or print out that picture of the marble snail and take it back to your LFS. Get a refund and a gift certificate.

Looks exactly like it. I'm not an expert on snails. "When is doubt, throw it out". Or print out that picture of the marble snail and take it back to your LFS. Get a refund and a gift certificate.

Yeah i was doubting when i ask what kind of snail is it and he just said its like a conch but didn't say deadly though haha. All i want is a strawberry or fighting conch and i end up with this deadly snail. Oh yah im going to return it tomorrow so i put it on a cup and inside my isolation box and im not leaving it in my sand. Just saw a video about how they use their poison for capturing fish at night and dont want that to happen. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom