Help! Nitrate phosphate problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are some pics from a couple days ago. There is no more HA. Could that be the cause for the nitrate rise? I should really go to bed now.

Tested again and got the same results but phosphates seemed lower. it seemed like a small change in color. My results still said my Nitrates were over 40.
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-40+
Phosphate-.25
pH-8.2
dkH-103ppm
SG-1.023 (Hydrometer)

None of my inverts are dying. I still have all my snails and hermits. Only the pregnant emerald crab has died. Corals including mushrooms, large zoanthid colony, green star polyps, colt coral, and pulsing xenia are all thriving spreading and growing. I'm going to assume my test kit is wrong.

And now to make things worse, my green clown goby has white dots all over him! I haven't added a new fish in way over two months and no other fish has shown any symptoms of ich. No other fish has white dots on them and these seemed to appear over night. He had none yesterday and now has over 20. I'm keeping an eye on him but if symptoms persist I will need help with a hospital tank being how i've never had to hospitalize any fish before.

I would go ahead and establish the hospital tank. You will need it cycled before you add anything to it.

when my nitrates and phoshaptes were high i started doing 15-20g water changes on my 55g every 3 days till they dropped

Frequent pwc will drop them, if they are in fact that high. I still think he has a false reading because his inverts seen't keeling over.

Back
Top Bottom