Help please cleaning sand tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shattrd3

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i have a layer of gravel on the bottom of my tank and then sand ontop. What's the best way to clean up my tank? i was considering one of those gravel siphons but i have sand and it might just suck up all my sand. what should i do?

I think people just use the gravel vac, but keep it a little bit above the sand. I'm not sure though, so wait for someone else to answer to.

Sorry 8^)...my gravel cleaner picks up sand, goes half way up and then drops...none makes it into the bucket.

Aspencer said:
Sorry 8^)...my gravel cleaner picks up sand, goes half way up and then drops...none makes it into the bucket.

If that's the case what is the problem???

Don't try to fix the non-broken!

i have sand in my tank and i do what everyone says to do. you hold the vac above the sand and you swirl it in circles and it will loosen up the debris

Homer8 said:
i have sand in my tank and i do what everyone says to do. you hold the vac above the sand and you swirl it in circles and it will loosen up the debris

I do this but there are times when I'm not paying attention and shove the syphon into the sand, once I lift the syphon up a few inches then the sand falls out. Some does make it into my bucket but it's minimal. IMO sand is very easy to keep clean as the debris doesn't fall between cracks and just sits on top. Hope this was some help!

Back
Top Bottom