Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Majbarsalona

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm interested in keeping a pair of Bolivian rams in my 20 gallon which will be cycled using seeded media from my other tank.

1. Does my set up look okay for rams?
2. I would like to add live plants, what are easy plants with bulb like mine?
3. What are good tankmates to compliment the colors of the Bolivian rams
4. Any advise or tips are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image-1040122811.jpg
    image-1040122811.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 79
  • image-542137506.jpg
    image-542137506.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 65
I'm interested in keeping a pair of Bolivian rams in my 20 gallon which will be cycled using seeded media from my other tank.

1. Does my set up look okay for rams?
2. I would like to add live plants, what are easy plants with bulb like mine?
3. What are good tankmates to compliment the colors of the Bolivian rams
4. Any advise or tips are greatly appreciated!
1: Looks good.
2: Anubias, java fern, maybe some water sprite or wisteria
3: I am not sure but I think peaceful schooling tetras would be ok.
4: I am not completely sure. lol

1. Yeah
2. Java Fern, Java Moss, aponogeton (I would go with Java Moss though)
3. Harlequin rasbora are very cool and go well with rams
4. Rams are touchy fish and need pristine water conditions. Be 100% sure you're up to the challenge. It's not a job to be taken lightly.

Love the rockwork! The above plants are good suggestions. You are a bit limited with that light. For tankmates, a nice school of small tetras, and maybe some cories at the bottom. rams in general are touchy, but bolivians are a lot more forgiving than german blues. Good luck!

--Adeeb

adeebm said:
Love the rockwork! The above plants are good suggestions. You are a bit limited with that light. For tankmates, a nice school of small tetras, and maybe some cories at the bottom. rams in general are touchy, but bolivians are a lot more forgiving than german blues. Good luck!

--Adeeb

Thanks, would a school of neon or cardinal tetras be okay? Also instead of cories would a small pleco work well? If so what are good plecos for a 20g

Yeah neons or cardinals should be fine. The only small pleco I can think of is a bristlenose pleco. That might be pushing it in a 20 though.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom