HELP PLEASE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 175watt MH light single ended bulb in my canopy. One month ago I placed beside it my PC 130watt light in the same canopy. I turned the pc LIGHT ON AND OFF ABOUT 3-4 TIMES AND NOW THE LIGHT DOSNT WORK AT ALL. tHE mh IS STILLWORKING THOUGH. Soooo I figure the ballast is bad and I order another one.....these lights are Odysea Power Comapact Lights from aquatraders.com and were 45 bucks.

Sooo the new light just now came in and I once again put the light in my canopy and turned it on and off a couple times...and freeking same thing. It dosn't work now either.

Anyone have any Idea what's going on.

Any help is appreciated

how is the ventilation in your hood? you might be overheating the PC lights.

if you take them out and let them sit for a while (to cool off), do they turn on and work okay for an extended period of time? if that is the case, then i would suggest a fan and some ventilation in the hood. if that doesnt solve your problem, then i dont know what to say right now...

~mike

Check for proper ventilation in the area, possibly the ballasts are overheating from the MH and frying. If that does not help, just realize that you are buying the absolute cheapest PC fixutres on the market and they are not exactly known for being trouble free :(

I had a Coralife ballast die on me lst year, I had a free replacement in 3 days.

Try turning both lights off. Turn your halide on first and then your pc. Do you have them both plugged in on the same plug?

I have plugged the fixture in in another socket...and nothing. I know these lights are cheap but common...one day!!! Thats !@#$ rediculous, Im annoyed sorry :evil:

Back
Top Bottom