Help pls tankmate compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissa

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there I am wanting to add a pair or two of pearl gouramis to my set up can someone please tell me if they would be comparable with what I currently have. The ones I am most concerned about is my African butterfly's

90g planted heavily
6 serpae tetra
6 diamond tetra
2 BN pleco
2 SAE
6 algea shrimp
2 African butterfly
2 bala sharks ( babies)
And two Indian flashers aka redline torpedo barb or denson's barb (babies)

Everyone coexists wonderfully! I have my bottom and mid dwellers just thinking of possibly adding something more to hang out at the surface. Also interested in possibly a few congos any thought would be great :) thanks!!

I have s pair of pearl gouramis, they are very peaceful compared to some other species of gouramis! I feel bad for mine because the blues always chase them away from the food:(

I hear that they're pretty peaceful but I don't know for sure. This is abit off topic but are you going to get more balas? They are schooling fish and would probably appreciate larger numbers.

I hear that they're pretty peaceful but I don't know for sure. This is abit off topic but are you going to get more balas? They are schooling fish and would probably appreciate larger numbers.

+1. Really bala sharks need to be kept in even bigger tanks. In inadequate schools they can be very aggressive. In even a group of 5 they are much more peaceful.

I had only intentions of keeping the two balas... I know generally the prefer to be in larger schools however up until this point they are well adjusted not nervous or timid the school with each other and often my small densons. ... :)

bud29 said:
+1. Really bala sharks need to be kept in even bigger tanks. In inadequate schools they can be very aggressive. In even a group of 5 they are much more peaceful.

I was under the impression 90 gallons was plenty of room, is that wrong?

Back
Top Bottom