Help! Power failure :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday it snowed a bit, it stuck on the ground but eventually turned to ice. My husband thinks it was about an hr ago it went out due to the coffee machine being set for 6AM and only a little bit of coffee being in the pot. The power is still out. What should I do?
I have a betta who can easily over come this ordeal. But 3 platy fry, and my 4 adult platys, I'm not sure. :( how long can beneficial bacteria live without water?? My filters drained themselves when the power went out. I took the filter and biomesh pad out, they're in water as we speak. Errr this is not good

If you can, puta battery powered air pump in the tank. You can get them cheap at Walmart in the fishing section. If it starts to get too cold you can warm it up with bottles of hot water.

Thank you for the advice! The power went out at roughly 6 and came back on around 8:30. I took the filters and biomesh out and soaked them in aquarium water. Everyone seemed to be doing fine, both aquariums are planted so I'm not sure if that helped any.
I will be looking into some battery power filters for emergencies, I feel like this isn't going to be the last time the power goes out :/ we continuos rain all week and snow fall again, tomorrow. Ahh. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom