help rescaping.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello! . I want rescape my 55 gallon with some nice pieces of driftwood. so I figured I ask what ideas you all had or tips. I want to get a black background.
here is what the tank looks like now.

ForumRunner_20120225_212517.jpg
any links to good sites that sell driftwood are welcome:)

Great, i'd go with longer plants like vals in the back, and some rotala indica to make a forest on the right side of the tank. Then order a nice piece of manzanita from PC1 and put moss on it. In the front/sides do some nice crypt wendtii, and if your light is moderate to high, a cool carpet of hairgrass, micro swords, or baby tears:)

My opinion, no decorations and a black backround too:)

Edit...sorry didnt see the last part because you added it later:D

http://manzanita-driftwood.com/Manzanita.html"]http://manzanita-driftwood.com/Manzanita.html

I ordered here from PC1 and i just love it. Any questions, just PM me:)

Gboy66 said:
Great, i'd go with longer plants like vals in the back, and some rotala indica to make a forest on the right side of the tank. Then order a nice piece of manzanita from PC1 and put moss on it. In the front/sides do some nice crypt wendtii, and if your light is moderate to high, a cool carpet of hairgrass, micro swords, or baby tears:)

My opinion, no decorations and a black backround too:)

my light is a t8 plant growth bulb. just plain natural gravel is what I have.

awilson133 said:
my light is a t8 plant growth bulb. just plain natural gravel is what I have.

I like your gravel!

Skip the carpet, but you could do anubias, and java ferns! Either put them on the drift wood or keep them in the gravel, just dont bury the ribozome

Gboy66 said:
I like your gravel!

Skip the carpet, but you could do anubias, and java ferns! Either put them on the drift wood or keep them in the gravel, just dont bury the ribozome

+1 get yourself some nice Anubias and glue them to the driftwood am rocks etc... Sky's the limit TRUST ME :)

Java fern as well is a great idea...

i really like how vals look. ahhh i forgot about this site!! i love the look those pieces. should i ditch the rock?

awilson133 said:
i really like how vals look. ahhh i forgot about this site!! i love the look those pieces. should i ditch the rock?

Haha great site isnt it?

Its your choice on the rock obviously, but if you want to know what i'd do then yes. I would. I'd replace it with a river rock that would match the driftwood better

Haha great site isnt it?

Its your choice on the rock obviously, but if you want to know what i'd do then yes. I would. I'd replace it with a river rock that would match the driftwood better

lol noted. i actually found them outside my house. they used to be in my dads FW.

awilson133 said:
lol noted. i actually found them outside my house. they used to be in my dads FW.

Very cool! I would just go for the more natural look, thats all.

started rescaping a little bit. im still waiting on my wood. lol. heres a pic of what ive done so far

ForumRunner_20120303_131109.jpg

Back
Top Bottom