Help! Senegal bichir , a suspect of fish deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought a small senegal bichir and put him in the 29 community tank, because he was very small and couldnt cause and harm and now he is 3".... Well now there is a missing female guppy ! I think it must have been the bichir... He looks alittle fat...
I dont understand how! If his mouth looks pretty small...
So i have a 55 gallon tank with a 7" oscar ... Do you think that the oscar would eat him?

Bichirs do best in species tanks. He is very well capable of eating that guppy. That's what I feed mine. They'll also take bites out of larger fish. I would not put him with the Oscar either.

Gordo124 said:
Bought a small senegal bichir and put him in the 29 community tank, because he was very small and couldnt cause and harm and now he is 3".... Well now there is a missing female guppy ! I think it must have been the bichir... He looks alittle fat...
I dont understand how! If his mouth looks pretty small...
So i have a 55 gallon tank with a 7" oscar ... Do you think that the oscar would eat him?

Bicher mouths are like snake mouths, there jaws expand, I used to own 3 of them, he def ate the guppy. Sorry :/

Back
Top Bottom