Help stocking a 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sebastienb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I'm looking for some interesting tank mates for my current stock my tank is a 55 gal planted tank with driftwood, small black pebbles, a bit of black sand with and marine land double led for light.

Current stock

1 angelfish ( might get 2 small ones )
2 gold dust mollies
1 elephant nose
1 rainbow shark
6 zebra danios
1 Pleco

I had 8 tiger barbs that i was told would play nice with my angel since he is pretty big but that didn't work so I had to relocate them they were very interesting as they were always moving arrow d and some times stays in different groups of 2 or 3. I'm looking for some active but non aggressive middle swimmers maybe a pair of medium sized fish or 5-7 small schooling fish.

Current tanks setup

image-2283182207.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions.

I really like my glowlight tetras, they have done really well with all my angels, they school well and are active. Or you could check out rummy nose tetras, they seem to be what everyone is talking about lately. I would also add an angel of the opposite sex. What kind of pleco though?

A Bristle nose pleco ( or bushy nose pleco) will really love that drift wood, or so I'm told! I bought some drift wood today because I am planning on getting a BNP. They are really cool!

Oh, you should get glow danios or glow tetras, although if you live in Canada, they are illegal

Attachments

• image-4175292757.jpg
    image-4175292757.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image-539666289.jpg
    image-539666289.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 37
Cool thanks everyone :) think ill try the rummy nose, I was looking at some earlier today and they looked cool. I also saw some cardinals but they were so small I was worried that my angel might eat them

Import laws. It's to protect from having genetically modified fish or non native fish enter natural waterways.

Exactly right they were genetically enhanced at first to detect pollution levels, but turned out to be beautiful fish
Canada thinks that when they die they might release unwanted chemicals so,,,

Exactly right they were genetically enhanced at first to detect pollution levels, but turned out to be beautiful fish
Canada thinks that when they die they might release unwanted chemicals so,,,

Zebrafish have been used for many things, not only as glofish or pollution detectors, there also a really good human model for disease research and have regularly been used in studies for ALS Alzheimer's and MS. Think about that next time you look at your zebra danios haha

Back
Top Bottom