Help? Stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello! I was wondering if I have enough room in my tank to add a small school of zebra danios to the tank. Also, would the danios be too quick for the platies?

20 gal
78 degrees
Am:0
Ni:0
Na:aprox. 15

2 platies
2 corydoras
1 mystery snail

You should have enough space to add 4 more danios to make a school. I would also add 4 more cories as they prefer to be in groups to.

Well by my very ruff count your up to 14 gals of water taken up each Cory I counted as 3 inches I don't know what you have they can get big so you have a lil wiggle room. You can fit 2 more cories or 3 possible danios. But it also depends on your filter. I have more filters and plants in mine to provide hiding places and filtration that gives a bit more wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello! I was wondering if I have enough room in my tank to add a small school of zebra danios to the tank. Also, would the danios be too quick for the platies?

20 gal
78 degrees
Am:0
Ni:0
Na:aprox. 15

2 platies
2 corydoras
1 mystery snail

First thing I'd ask is what kind of filtration do you have on the tank, and how heavily (if at all) is it planted?

What kind of corys are these? They do like to be in shoals of 5 or more. You can support more if you go with tiny species, such as corydoras habrosus.

I have a 20-long, medium-heavy planting, with AC 50 and AC 20 filters on it. It's currently stocked with 5 adult platys (and one fry, brilliantly named "Number 6") and seven (soon to be 9 or 11) neon tetras. Then I'll add 5-6 corydoras habrosus. I can get away with this because of the extra filtration and planting. I also do weekly 20% water changes.

So, I think you've got room, but, to be sure, we need more info. :bb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom