Help! Tank Cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can home from work and my tank is extremely cloudy. Looks like someone poured milk into it. But all my fish seem happy and healthy, no unusual behavior at all.
All my parameters are fine.
Ammonia - 0, Nitrites-0, Nitrates- 5-10. PH- 8.2, Salinity 1.026 (tad high)
The tank is a 55 gal I have a Cascade 1000 canister filter, a penguin biowheel 350, and I added a Reef Octopus BH2000 about a month ago.
Been running for over year and a half, with no major problems.
I did a PWC on Sunday of about 12gal. The only thing I have added is Two Little Fishies NPX Bioplastics to my canister about 300ml to help reduce my nitrates.
Everything was perfect Sunday Monday and this morning. Could I of added to much of the NPX or are they causing a bacteria bloom?

Are they leeching things into the water or are they causing a bacterial bloom? If it won't go away ill take it out, it works really well though removes nitrates like a beast. Nitrates went from 40 ppm to 0 in 2 days

Did you try adjusting your skimmer. My tank got a little haze one day and after readjusting my skimmer it cleared up

Yeah I did. I took out the pellets and it clear right up. I talked to my lfs and I'm thinking I had too much and I didn't rinse it well enough so I'll give it a shot again with less after I rinse it.

Two Little Fishies NPX Bioplastics is causing a massive bacteria bloom,its just doing what its supposed to

Back
Top Bottom