help w/ fish i.d.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robzombay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can anybody id this fish .its an angel "i think" i caught it here in th keys .i cant find it in any book .can you help me?

Attachments

• p1020542_115.jpg
    p1020542_115.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 30
are you sure ?it looks different than a regal angel ,my fish i an inch long

I was also thinking baby Koran..

edit: I just found a picture of a juvenile regal and that is definitely NOT a regal. They are bright yellow with white stripes as babies.

My best guess would be Holacanthus ciliaris, Queen Angel. The markings look almost identical compared to fishbase and other sites. Beautiful fish and highly prized once "show size," but definitely need large quarters: 100g+

Innovator said:
My best guess would be Holacanthus ciliaris, Queen Angel. The markings look almost identical compared to fishbase and other sites. Beautiful fish and highly prized once "show size," but definitely need large quarters: 100g+
I agree. It looks like a queen angel to me.

robzombay said:
i found out it is a juvenile blue angelfish,thanks

Good to know :) Who'd you find the info out from? H. bermudensis is often confused with H. ciliaris as juveniles with the latter tending to have "bent" bars (hard to tell from angle in pic).

It is either a queen or Blue as juvies they are almost impossible to tell the difference

Back
Top Bottom