Help!! White fuzz on fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bates1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is white fuzz all over my gar idk what it is or what to do!!

image-598626835.jpg

image-264794903.jpg

Well thanks for the help My buddy Garth died this morning $40 down the drain!!

I am so sorry about your fish! :( I wish I could have offered you some advice but I have no experience with gars.

So sorry. It looks like velvet. I'm not sure. Do a watch do a search for it because I think it's contagious. If you have other fish you will have to treat the tank.

Thanks for at least messaging me usually I get amidiate response but it's alright the pet store ended up replacing him but I treat the tank for ick because I did a lot of research and apparently it's a fungus and your supposed to treat with malachite green and that's the main ingredient in API super ick cure and it was to late to goto the pet store so I treated the next morning all the fungus was dead and had Fallin off and he had no scales left and was white like a skinned fish and he was floating upside down dead. I got to him to late. From what I've read it's from a little nick on his back from a blue and yellow gourami they are by far the meanest fish I've ever had and I got an arowana a gar a stuff like that. I'm not sure if gouramis have bacteria in their mouthed or what but it was weird

Wow. I'm sorry for the late response but I hope things turn out better. I had gouramis in the past and depending on the fish they can be very mean.

Sorry to say this but there really isn't anything we could've done.

If the condition got so bad to cause death in the same day as posting it was way to far along to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom