Help With Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a bad batch of glo-danios and I am down to one as of today. It is beating up on my black neon tetras, they are very stressed. I will get more of the tetras as I was adding them slowly. I do not want danios again any suggestions?

You might try Red Eye Tetras. I have 12 of them. They swim in a tight school and aren't aggressive. One of my favorites.

Attachments

• 20180224_172455.jpg
    20180224_172455.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 59
Is it too late to take your danio back and just get more of your tetras? I'd try that. Or just put him in something else for a while. I've floated jars in my tank with a air stone for some fish. Saves on a heater. And I just change out the water when it needs it, just by using my tank water. He's just gonna stress them little guys out and cause problems. Another choice is ice box. If it's a bad batch it's most likely same as the others, and in time it will go too. But, hard to say. And you don't know if it will take your other fish in time, if it's carrying a disease. I think you'd like endler guppies. They are pretty.

Thanks for the responses. Things got really violent it's like when the 1st danio died the other one flipped out, no pun intended. Actually it took me half an hour to catch it! I took everything back to Petco and got a full refund...they just put the live danio in their tank!!!! I went to my lfs (done with Petco) and got a few more black neons, they look so nice in a larger school! Peace has returned.

Thanks for the responses. Things got really violent it's like when the 1st danio died the other one flipped out, no pun intended. Actually it took me half an hour to catch it! I took everything back to Petco and got a full refund...they just put the live danio in their tank!!!! I went to my lfs (done with Petco) and got a few more black neons, they look so nice in a larger school! Peace has returned.
That's cool! It just gets worse for every fish in the tank when there's a bully in there stressing them all out. And you enjoy it more when everyone is happy. Enjoy! [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom